In the spirit of Thanksgiving (and as a much-needed easy-peasy post), I’d like to share a few things for which I’m grateful on the foster care side of life:
* I’m grateful for my girls.
* I’m grateful for caseworkers who care.
* I’m grateful for all the ways my friends have reached out to welcome and love the girls and to support Brian and me.
* I’m grateful my parents live nearby so my girls can make crafts with my mom.
* I’m grateful to be married to a man who is also an amazing dad.
* I’m grateful for the ways the girls challenge me to be better and wiser.
* I’m grateful that many foster children are able to receive therapy while they are in care so they can work through some of their pain and issues before becoming adults.
* I’m grateful for the good foster parents I’ve met throughout the years.
* I’m grateful for the many different ways people become family.